Home Care Packages
So what’s the “go”with Home Care Packages ?
We are excited to offer a personalised support service that reflects your needs, choices and interests. We understand the value you place on doing things the way you need or want them done. With Liberty, as an approved aged care provider, you will gain a sense of belonging and a dedicated group of skilled support staff who are committed to treating you like family.
Call 07 5578 1668 and ask for Rowena if you are ready to get started
If you already have a Home Care Package and would like to become part of the Liberty family click here for more information.
A Home Care Package(HCP) is a coordinated package of individualised care services that helps you stay in your own home for as long as possible. Home Care Packages are provided under an approach called Consumer Directed Care (CDC), it’s about you having greater choice and flexibility. Woohoo! You have the liberty of choice. (pun intended)
How can I get a Home Care Package?
This is the formal bit. Eligibility for a Home Care Package is decided by an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). An ACAT representative will meet with you to assess your health status and care needs and decide if you are eligible for a Home Care Package.
There are four levels of Home Care Packages:
- Level 1 – for people with basic care needs
- Level 2 – for people with low level care needs
- Level 3 – for people with intermediate care needs
- Level 4 – for people with high care needs
To find out more about ACAT visit www.myagedcare.gov.au or phone 1800 200 422
Liberty’s Home Care Packages
When you have been given the nod and assessed as eligible, you will go onto a national waiting list prioritised according to the date of your assessment and the urgency of your needs. When a package becomes available you will receive notification from My Aged Care(MAC) ( this will be in the form of a rather official letter that gives you a referral code ). When you approach Liberty to be your packaged care provider you will need to quote your referral code. We will pop over and visit you to discuss the details and arrange a quote for the services that suit your needs. During this visit and after a good chat about what you want, together we will :
- Create a tailored support plan- at Liberty we call it your “Livin’ Well Support Plan”
- Discuss the package budget- how much do you have and what can you do with it?
- Consultwith your family and friends, if required, this is totally your call
- Get on the phone to other services and service providers, as required
- Find the best care solutions , including letting you know about our brilliant Liberty services
- Arrange ongoingsupport, including helping you to select your support team,to enable you to remain at home for as long as possible on your terms
Call 07 5578 1668 and ask for Rowena, we would love to be part of your support team.
If you have any matters of concern regarding your home care package, the services you receive from us, your statements, budgets, Livin’ Well Support Plan or you are just needing to reassure yourself of how its all going. Please give us a call or make an appointment to come in to our centre to have a chat.