Participate or spectate in a range of group or individualised activities that provide fun and interactive social opportunities for the young and young at heart.
Our folk who live with disABILITIES tell us they like to mix things up a bit. Some like the wind in their hair, the sun on their skin and the adventures of the great outdoors. Others prefer to be cosy inside with climate control and easy access to amenities and luxuries. And then for others there is a preference for one~on~one opportunities, specific to their interests.
Pending the activity of your choice, homemade morning teas and/or lunch may be provided as well as door~to~door transport in our wheelchair~accessible, air~conditioned bus. Hop on board, buckle up and enjoy some Leisure & Lifestyle Activities.
OUT N’ ABOUT
Exploring the Gold Coast Community, this one’s for those who love the great outdoors and believe ‘the more the merrier’.
Get out and about to movies, dining at various cafes, pubs, clubs, picnics & BBQ’s; scenic drives, special events and more. Fun, friendship, fresh~air, exercise, good food and good company. Sit back and relax or let your hair down and join in the fun ~ it’s your life and it’s your choice!
Embracing the tropical lifestyle of the Gold Coast and all that it offers, the talented team at Liberty have created an enormous array of opportunities for our ‘out and abouters’.
From Pimpama through to Kingscliff and beyond in to the Hinterland we’ve got it covered with group activities that provide an opportunity for connection, entertainment and fun. If there’s a fishing opportunity throw a hook in and catch your dinner, games are always in the boot so get physical and challenge one of your new found friends to some healthy competition! Our enthusiastic staff are always keen to test your knowledge with a quiz, and get a laugh out of you with some fantastic jokes!
We all know that the Gold Coast is a foodies haven, so hook up with the gang in testing and tasting the best that the GC has to offer. Our team have found a heap of pubs, clubs and cafes with awesome meals at around the $10.00 mark (at the individuals expense)! A home-cooked morning tea and lunch are provided when we decide not to dine out.
You can always spot our buses parked at community events like Broadbeach Blues festival, Swell, Coolie Rocks On and sporting events.
Occasionally, the mob enjoys the creature comforts of home in our community centre with the options of using all our amazing onsite facilities.
COMMUNITY CENTRE BASED
For those who enjoy the creature comforts of home (cool in the summer, warm in the winter and easy access to all amenities) and that ‘the more the merrier’ then this one’s for you.
- Special Events
- Quizzes and games
- Guest Speakers
- Scenic Drives
Fun, friendship, great conversation, and good food amongst good company. Feel free to participate or spectate, need we say more!
- Savor the aroma’s of home made morning tea and a home cooked lunch as you are kept amused by the variety of activities available at your fingertips
- Browse through our on~site shop “Déjà vu” ~ gifts 2 please
- Take advantage of our on~site hair salon ~ “Scissors ‘n Sass” ~ and/or podiatrist.
To spice things up a bit, on random occasions the mob decides on a day out with dining, movies, picnic, bbq or partaking in a community event such as Blues on Broadbeach, and the Swell festival . It’s flexible and it’s the client’s choice!
With our years of experience in planning social occasions, Liberty has perfected the recipe of providing Leisure and Lifestyle activities.
No one does it better ~ Trust Us!
Smaller groups to cater to more individualised needs. This option comes with plenty of fun and interaction but is more customisable to personal tastes and interests due to smaller numbers in the groups. If you prefer one on one conversation with a smaller group, then this option is for you.
Providing door to door transport in our wheelchair accessible, air~conditioned buses . Sit down, buckle up, and we’ll get you to your destination safe and sound.
Tailored to the occasion, home~cooked and nutritious morning teas and lunches may be provided.
ACTIVITIES & ENTERTAINMENT
An example of some of the opportunities that we currently have on offer (keeping up with client interests this list is consistently updated)
- Connect 2 Tech ~ Introduction to technology
- Man 2 Man ~ For the boys only
- Ladies Day Out ~ Girls just wanna have fun
- Exercise ~ Health and fitness
- Sporting Events ~ Footy, day at the races
- Day trips ~ Scenic coastal and/or hinterland drives, picnics and bbq’s
- Cuppa and Chat ~ In our centre or, out ‘n about
- Special Events ~ Regularly you will spot our buses parked up at such community events Broadbeach Blues Festival, Swell, Coolie Rocks On, sporting events and more
- Craft 2 Create ~ Creating some crafty projects.
One on One: Your interests are as unique as you are!
Providing door to door transport in a Liberty vehicle or let’s hop on board the G~link ~ mode of transport is up to you! Being one on one you make the calls on what you want to do for the day.
- Learning a hobby or interest of your choice ~ cooking, computers, a new language, painting, dancing etc
- Health and fitness ~ gym, yoga, swimming, walking
- Dining out
- Life on the Gold Coast ~ with transport sorted and one of our amazing support workers by your side you’ve got no excuse to not get out and enjoy life ~ live the dream that only the GC can offer!
LET'S DO THIS!
Interested in finding out more about our disABILITY leisure and lifestyle programs? Our doors are open and we’re here to help. Please give us a call or make an appointment to come in to our beautiful centre for a cuppa and a chat.