INTRO TO FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How are services accessed?
Recently there have been significant changes to both the aged and disability care sectors. Home Care Packages (HCP) have been introduced to meet the needs of older Australians aged 65+ (50+ for ATSI) and the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) for people living with disabilities aged -65 (-50 for ATSI). Older Australians need to access services through the My Aged Care portal (visit their website at www.myagedcare.gov.au) or give them a call – 1800 200 422. People eligible under NDIS must go through the NDIA website (www.ndis.gov.au) or phone 1800 800 110. Then there are people who will not be under neither HCP nor NDIS.
Please refer to our disABILITY NDIS and/or ageABILITY HCP pages for more info.
If you’ve done your homework but come up more confused than when you started just give us a ring and we’ll work with you to get you started.
What makes Liberty Community Connect different from other community service providers?
- We are an award winning, independent organisation governed at a local level and are therefore able to be flexible, dynamic and responsive to the needs and goals of clients
- We have over 25 years of continuous experience in the community care sector
- Our staff and volunteers are passionate in the jobs that they do in order to support people to live a life of their choice
- We have repetitively achieved 100% in National Quality Reviews over the past 15 years
- We have sound business practices that are regularly reviewed and strictly adhered to
- Client feedback is actively sought and valued through annul face to face client consultations and/or a client survey
- Change ~ some love it, some hate it ~ we thrive on it! We are innovative and are constantly reviewing ‘what we do and how we can do it better’.
I would like to get out of my house and join a social group ~ what do you offer and what do I have to do to join?
What we offer is a choice of several social opportunities varying from groups, small groups or one on one. Additionally we have a vast array of Community Connection events such as Man2Man, Girls Day Out, Here2There and more. Group services are usually weekly so people have a chance to socialise and make new friends. Community Connections are held on an ad hoc basis.
We are always listening to our clients stories, dreams and goals creating new activities and events.
For more information on these opportunities please refer to both our disABILITY and ageABILITY Leisure and Lifestyle, and Community Connections pages. If you’re up for a chat ~ give us a call and we can discuss the different options with you and see what will best suit your needs.
What kind of qualifications or training do your Support Workers have?
Staff at Liberty are handpicked! We’re a very diverse mob and our clients rate their support workers very highly ~ often referring to them as ‘family’. Please refer to the Our Team page for more information.
How much choice am I allowed to have in the services and/or activiites that I may want?
With 25 years experience in meeting the needs of people who are elderly and people who live with a disability Liberty has planned for and prepared a very comprehensive array of opportunities. These vary from helping in your home with house cleaning, taking you shopping (or doing it for you), help with showers and grooming, or help in your yard. On a more social side we have developed, and continuously review, events such as Man 2 Man, Girls Day Out to visiting parks, dining and much much more. Visit our ageABILITY and/or disABILITY pages to find out more about what we do. Our staff will talk with you to discuss exactly what you like, want and/or need and then develop a plan as individual as you are!
How do I make a donation to or include Liberty Community Connect in my Will?
Liberty Community Connect is an award winning, independent, not for profit organization. We are dependent on the good will and generosity of our donors. Liberty is a registered charity and all gifts over $2 are tax deductible.
If you would like to make a donation or leave a bequest please either
- give us ring ~ we would love the opportunity to tell you more about what, why and where we do what we do ~ how your contribution will make a significant difference within your local community
- follow the Donations tab on our website
- automatic bank transfer or
- by cheque.