- How are services accessed?
Just pick up the phone and call us on (07) 5578 1668 – the Supervisor and/or Manager of the service/support that is required will have a chat, answer your questions and determine eligibility. Where appropriate he/she will then arrange an assessment and/or provide details of a more appropriate service provider should that be necessary. Alternatively, click on our ‘Enquiry Form’ tab and we will get back to you right away.
- How long does it take once a referral is received for a service to commence?
After the referral is received and the assessment is completed the Supervisor will arrange a flexible “care plan” that is within our capacity and that suits each clients individual needs & choice. The Supervisor will then discuss and establish a suitable time for a service to commence – this is usually within one week pending the availability of the client and a support worker.
- Do I have to be on a pension?
You do not have to be on a pension to receive services from Liberty Community Connect.
- What kind of qualifications or training do your Support Workers have?
The majority of our Support Workers hold a Certificate III or IV in aged care, disability or home and community care. Liberty Community Connect also looks for a very high level of commitment and passion in the people we employ.
- What makes Liberty Community Connect different from other community service providers?
- We are an independent organisation governed at a local level and are therefore able to be flexible, dynamic and responsive to the needs of clients, people who are older, people with a disability,their carers and their families
- Over 25 years of continuous experience and development
- Our staff and volunteers are passionate in the jobs that they do in order to ‘enhance the quality of life’ of our clients, people who are older, people with a disability, their carers and their families
- We have repetitively achieved 100% at the four National Standard Reviews
- Our policies and procedures are reviewed regularly and are strictly adhered to,
Client feedback is actively sought and valued through annual face to face client consultation and a client survey
- Change – some love it, some hate it – we thrive on it! We are innovative and are constantly reviewing “what we do and how we can do it better”.
- How do I make a donation to or include Liberty Community Connect in my Will?
If you would like to make a donation or leave a bequest, please contact us, and know that your contribution will make a significant impact in the local community. Alternatively, click on our ‘Enquiry Form’ tab and we will get back to you right away. Liberty Community Connect is a Registered Charity (DGR 900 490 770) and all donations $2 and over are tax deductible. If you have any other questions please do not hesitate to give us a ring. Alternatively, click on our ‘Enquiry Form’ and we will get back to you right away.